COVID-19 Vaccine Update
We are very excited to have started offering the Covid-19 vaccine to our patients. We are working with our Primary Care Network (PCN) and the other local practices to offer the vaccine all our patients who are eligible. At the moment, we are being allocated small amounts of stock across the 50,000 local patients, and have been told the order of priority that we are able to vaccinate in.
There is up to date information about the vaccine here, it also includes information about contraindications (when it's not suitable to have the vaccination).
In terms of the current practicalities:
- We will contact you to offer you the vaccine - please don't contact us as it will stop people getting through on the phone lines
- Currently, all the vaccines are being administered at Bursledon Surgery in Lowford
- You will need two injections three weeks or more apart
- We have started vaccinating our over 80s, but not yet been allocated enough vaccine to give everyone theirs. If you've not been contacted yet, please don't worry, you are still on the list
- We are not yet able to vaccinate housebound patients, or patients who live in care homes
- The invite may come by letter, text or by telephone. Some telephone calls are being made on our behalf by our PCN, so may come from a withheld or unfamiliar number
- We will try to contact you at least three times including at least once by letter, so please don't worry if you miss our call
- You are able to decline the vaccine, and we will record this on your notes.
So far, we have given one vaccine to 975 people across the area. Their second vaccine is in early January, and we hope to be allocated more stock in January so we can continue to invite people over 80.
As you may have seen in the news recently, there have been discussions around the vaccinating of those patients due to have their second COVID-19 vaccination at the beginning of January.
If you already have an appointment, and you do not hear directly from us or the vaccine centre, your appointment will STILL take place at the beginning of January at Bursledon Surgery (Lowford Centre, Portsmouth Road, Southampton, SO31 8ES).
If you do not yet have an appointment, please do not call us. We have only had one delivery since the beginning of this programme. As a result not all eligible patients have yet been contacted. We are scheduled to receive more vaccines and we will invite more patients in group 1/2 (which includes those patient’s over 80) as these appointments are made available to us. We are unsure yet how many vaccines we will be getting, and this is a large group, so please do not worry if you are not contacted in early January, we will be in touch as soon as we have delivery dates confirmed.
In addition, please note the call from the vaccine centre may appear as an unknown number. This is out of our control and cannot be changed.
Thank you again for your continued support during the rollout of this vaccine.
We will keep this page, and our Facebook page updated as we get more information.
Last updated: 31st December 2020