FLU VACCINES- NOW BOOKING!
We appreciate your patience with us - this year due to the pandemic, surgeries have had to wait for NHS guidance on how to proceed safely for all eligible patients.
Official invites will be sent to eligible patients either by text message, or if you do not have a mobile you will be sent a letter. You should receive your invite within the next 2 weeks. Alternatively you can go online and book your flu vaccine.
There are changes to how we are running this year's flu clinic and this is detailed in the letter. We have also listed this below:
We would like to invite you to book your flu vaccination appointment.
THIS IS FOR NORMAL SEASONAL FLU ONLY
We will not be giving any pneumococcal or shingles vaccines.
To protect our patients and staff, every patient needs a flu vaccination appointment in order to attend. However, should be attending the surgery for some other reason, a flu vaccination will be offered to you there and then.
There are 3 ways to book your appointment and if you can, please do this online (it will help us to deal with those who do not manage IT easily and protect our telephone lines).
- 1st Choice: book your appointment through the NHS App (https://www.nhs.uk/apps-library/nhs-app/) (this is for adults only- child flu clinics are unable to be booked online)
- 2nd Choice: book your appointment using Patient Online Access. If you do not already have this access, you will need to collect your registration form at the reception desk. You will need to provide a passport or driving licence to be given your form
- 3rd Choice: telephone the surgery from 2.30pm (our telephone lines appear to be quieter from this time)
When you attend your appointment things will be very different. Please follow these instructions:
• Attend on your own unless you need help in mobilising.
• Walk to the practice if you are able to. The only car parking at the practice will be for blue badge holders. If you do need to drive, please be considerate of our neighbours if you park in the local area. If someone is driving you down, you can be dropped off and picked up areas, but there will be no waiting areas.
• Do not arrive early or late for your appointment time: we have allocated a strict number of patients per period to ensure that people are queueing for the minimum of time and social distancing is maintained. If it is not your booked time, please wait in your car until it is. Thank you, we appreciate your patience.
• Please wear a face covering. If you are exempt from wearing a mask, please be prepared to provide evidence of this.
• We encourage you not to touch anything in the practice. Bring your own hand sanitiser to use should you wish to.
• Please follow the instructions for queuing. The queue will be controlled to ensure social distancing. If you are in a wheelchair or have very limited mobility, please make yourself known to the Queue Marshall who will be wearing a luminous yellow jacket.
• If it is raining on the day, please come prepared with an umbrella as the queue will be outside for a short period of time.
• There will be no chairs available to sit while waiting and you will not be able to sit whilst having the vaccination (for infection control). If you think you will struggle with this, please speak to the Queue Marshall on arrival.
• Wear clothing which makes it easy to expose your upper arm. The vaccinations will be given in the reception waiting room – there will be no privacy if you need to disrobe
• Do not attend if you or any members of your household have symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been told to isolate. Contact us the following week and we will rebook you when you are able to leave isolation.
• Please heed the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow – they are there for your safety.
If you cannot attend your appointment, please call us ASAP so we can rebook you. This may mean we cannot vaccinate you until later in the season.
Parking: Walk to the practice if you are able. Come at the time of your appointment. The car park has limited parking so please use alternative parking locally.
Shielding patients: We have a specific clinic arranged for patients who were identified on the Government severe shielding register. Please inform reception so they can book you into the correct clinic. This clinic is arranged for Saturday 17th October in the morning. You will need to have a booked appointment time to have your vaccination.
Do not attend if you or any members of your household have symptoms of coronavirus. If you have been told to isolate or you have travelled internationally in the 14 days prior to your appointment and the country you visited is on the quarantine list. Please contact us as soon as possible and we will rebook your appointment.
If you do not wish to have a flu vaccination this year, or if you have had it already elsewhere (such as a pharmacy) please let us know so we can update your record. You can inform us using the ‘administration section’ on eConsult (via www.westendsurgery.co.uk) to save you trying to contact the surgery by telephone. If you do not have internet access or a smartphone / tablet, please notify us in writing to the surgery either using the attached slip below. This can be hand-delivered or posted to the surgery.
And last of all, these letters of invitation will be going out to all eligible patients over the next week in different formats – you may receive this invite via text message, or in the post. Different members of the household who are eligible for a flu vaccination may not receive a text or letter at the same time. Do not worry, it will be on its way and you can still your appointments together.
Flu clinic dates:
Mon 14th Sept pm = child flu 2-3yrs only
Tues 15th Sept pm = child flu 2-3yrs only
Wed 23rd Sept = over 65s - FULL
Wed 30th Sept = over 65s (all day- HCA)
Sat 3rd Oct = Over 65s only (online bookable)
Sat 17th Oct = Shielding only (adult + children)
Sat 7th Nov = Under 65s (will be online bookable- just sorting the technical side- please keep an eye on the NHS App)
Published: Sep 7, 2020