Using online services
You may be able to use online services to:
- book, check or cancel appointments with a GP or nurse
- order repeat prescriptions
- see parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- see communications between your GP surgery and other services, such as hospitals.
There are lots of apps and websites you can use to order repeat prescriptions. Some may also let you see your medical record and book GP appointments. The preferred online service in the NHS is the NHS App
- now order repeat prescriptions through the NHS website - you will need to set up a NHS login to do this
- use one of the online health services that are available at your GP surgery – check your GP surgery website to see which services you can use
- search online for pharmacies that have an online repeat prescription service
When you've chosen a service to use, you'll need to register to create an account. The NHS App does not require you to collect any paperwork from your GP surgery- it verifies your identity via the App. Other online platforms such as Patient Access does require a registration form which you would need to collect from reception- we can only provide the details for the patient (i.e. we cannot provide a registration form to a relative, friend or neighbour to collect on your behalf), and we also need to see a form of photographic ID such as driving licence or passport for security purposes.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.